Advertisement from the Sutton Register - 1912
Between Lincoln & Denver!
It was common on the frontier for the furniture store guy to also take on the undertaker business - Geo. Honey followed that model.
Honey built this large store building on the southeast corner of Saunders Avenue and Grove Street. The building was later purchased by the school district and served as the high school auditorium for several years until the school moved "up the hill" to the north end of town.
The building burned while serving as a blacksmith shop. The Sutton Community Center now occupies this site.
George Honey also operated a hardware store for a time along with his furniture store and undertaking business.
The Sutton Museum has a bedroom set that came from Honey's Furniture Store.