The Articles of Incorporation for the Sutton Commercial Club was dated February 28, 1912.
This notice appeared in the February 29, 1912 issue of The Sutton Register newspaper.
The officers and directors of the new Sutton Commercial Club in 1912 were:
Henry Grosshans, President
Jacob Bender, Vice President
Homer W. Gray, Secretary
Son of John & Emma Gray, operator of the Gray Lumber Yard at Maple Street & Way Avenue.
Chas. M. Brown, Treasurer
Son of F. M. Brown, publisher of The Sutton Register until his death in 1919 when Charles Brown became publisher into the 1930's
Hans. M. Hanson
Real Estate Agent
Wm. J. Roberts
Grocer with his father John Roberts
Retail Merchant (prob. with "Wieland & Schwarz" women's and children's clothing.)
Leon C. Griess
Retail Merchant (prob. either with Pfeiffer & Griess Hardware or Gemar & Griess Clothing Store - anyone know?)
Simon A. Fischer
Publisher and Editor, The Sutton News
This 100th Birthday observation is valid assuming that the Sutton Commercial Club operated continuously from 1912 until it became a Chamber of Commerce a few years ago. If not, then it is still 100 years since the business men (men only, it seems) organized themselves to promote Sutton business.
Also, these were generally young fellows, several under the age of 30.