Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Seaman Henry Lohmeier killed in South Pacific - 1943

The July 29, 1943 issue of The Sutton News carried the story of the loss of Seaman Henry F. Lohmeier of Sutton. 


A further account of his loss is found at the link at the end of this post.










We found further information about the incident that cost Seaman Lohmeier his life in a book titled “The Search That Never Was: The Untold Truth about the 1948-49 Search for World War II American Personnel Missing in Action in the South Pacific” written by J. L. Wright.


We quote that book in another post on our blog at:


Lohmeier in Les Bauer post



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had always known my uncle died in WW2. I just never knew the circumstances until about 10 years ago. I wish I would have asked more questions as a child. Kathleen Elizabeth Lohmeier Schell.